Saturday, March 10, 2012

Beware of Vizio Gallevia 42" LCD TV - Blue Blotchy patches after 18 mos!

Beware of Vizio Gallevia 42" LCD TV - Blue Blotchy patches after 18 mos! Video Clips. Duration : 1.70 Mins.


In October 2007 I purchased a 42" Vizio (model#GV42L FHDTV10A) from Circuit City in Emeryville. On 4/26/09 I turned on my Vizio LCD TV and there were blue blotchy patches in dark and/or black areas of the picture. In orange areas, there are purple-ish blotches also. The blotches are on the pictures when I play the DVD, the TiVo, and the LD player and of course w/ the cable as well. There is no problem with the sound, it's fine (in other words I'm not hearing anything unusual). This has occured before, about 8 months ago, but it was only a little bit and it went away after a few days. This case is much worse. I called Vizio customer service and it is out of warranty so they transferred me the service company they work with (ITT) and this company quoted 8.00! That's a 1/3 of the price I originally paid for it, and I've only had it for 18 months! I will NEVER buy a Vizio and I will make sure I let everyone know one a TERRIBLE brand this is.

Keywords: TV, problem, blotchy, blue, patches

No comments:

Post a Comment